Traditional bamboo whisk or "chasen" is an essential tool to create the perfect cup of matcha.
100 Prongs Bamboo Whisk
|Height|| 10.6 cm
How to Whisk Matcha
- Soak the bamboo matcha whisk (Chasen) in warm water to open up the prongs.
- Using a tea strainer and a spoon, sift 2g of matcha powder into your tea bowl.
- Pour 70ml of hot water.
- Move the chasen in a back and forth motion (drawing a “W” shape) using your wrist for 20s. After an even layer of foam has formed, whisk the surface of the tea until it has a rich creamy texture. Draw a round circle from the centre of the bowl and lift the chasen.
- Enjoy your daily tea ritual by SAYURI matcha!
- Rinse the chasen in water, and dry on the whisk holder (Naoshi) to sustain the shape.
How to Clean Your Matcha Whisk
- Place the whisk under a gentle stream of warm water to get rid of the matcha residue.
- Pour warm clean water into a matcha bowl (chawan) and whisk in the water for 60 sec until clean.
- After cleaning your whisk, it should be dried thoroughly before storing it away. Using a whisk holder (kusenaoshi) will help retain its shape. If a whisk holder is not available, store the whisk with the strings facing up.
Note: Never use soap or dishwasher as this will damage the bamboo whisk
Benefits of using Bamboo Whisk vs Electric Whisk
- Creates the perfect matcha froth
- Whisks the powder evenly with no clumps
- 100% natural bamboo material