1. Scoop one teaspoon (2g) of matcha powder.
*2 spoonfuls when using a chashaku –scoop.
2. Using a tea strainer, sift the matcha powder into your tea bowl to get rid of any clumps.
3. Boil soft, filtered or bottled spring water and cool water to 80°C.
Once the water is boiled, you can decrease the temperature by 10°C by pouring it into another cup.
4. Pour 60-70ml of hot water into the tea bowl.
5. Whisk vigorously for 20s using the chasen -bamboo whisk.
Move the chasen in a back and forth motion (drawing a “W” shape) using your wrist.
After an even layer of foam has formed, whisk the surface of the tea until it has a rich creamy texture.
Draw a round circle from the centre of the bowl and lift the whisk.
6. Take a moment. Breathe. And enjoy your bowl of SAYURI Matcha!